Afrigetics is in the process of implementing FSSC22000
Our raw materials and extracts are tested for active ingredients, steam sterilized (on request) and, undergo stringent quality control testing in some of South Africa’s most advanced university laboratories. Each batch is handled in a way that ensures our adherence to the highest international standards for dried foods and herbs, according to the WHO (1988) regulations, as laid out in the African Herbal Pharmacopoeia (2010).
To ensure that strict control is maintained over the produce that moves in and out of our storage facility; each batch is assigned a unique number which specifies the manufacture and expiry dates. This batch number corresponds to a certificate of analysis (COA), which is sent out with the each batch. In addition, we are currently in the process of FSSC22000 accreditation in our facility.
- Identity testing performed by the University of Stellenbosch and the Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Micro testing performed by Bemlab and Swift Silliker Micro (Sanas accredited laboratories)
- Afrigetics Botanicals is registered as an importer with the Korean FDA (KFDA)
- We are a licensed distributor of protected/indigenous flora, including, CITES flora
For better service delivery, our produce is expertly packaged and palletised to withstand the toughest road, air and sea voyages – dutifully arriving at their global destinations in prime condition.
The individually packaged products weigh between 5kg and 7.5kg per bag and are are packed into clear plastic, double bags and stored inside a white PVC bucket, with a tamper-proof seal, to ensure that your order arrives safely and securely.
Quality Control Information
We offer the following quality control data upon request:
- Allergen statement
- Source questionnaire
- Source – Halal, vegan and vegetarian specific
- Method of analysis
- Flow diagram
- Residual solvent
- GRAS statement
- Material safety data sheet
- Specifications sheet
- Banned substance letter