The Green Gold Portfolio
Our research and consultations with experts have highlighted the 10 medicinal plants most likely to emerge from Sub-Saharan Africa.
DOWNLOAD: Afrigetics Botanicals Product List
10 of Sub-Saharan Africa’s most commercially viable herbs:
|Species name||Comm. success||Pharma-copoeia||Mode of Action||Current use||Market Segment|
|1. Aloe ferox bitter sap||Y||Y||Laxative, bitter tonic||Herbal laxative formulations.||General healthcare, specifically colonic healthcare markets.|
|2. Aloe arborescens leaf powder||Y||Y||Skin and hair care, weight loss||Weight loss products, skin and hair products, immune support, colonic healthcare.||Immune support, weight loss, cosmetic markets.|
|3. Bulbine natalensis||Y||N||Aphrodisiac||Testosterone booster.||Sports supplements.|
|4. Buchu||Y||Y||Diuretic, pain relief, anti-inflammatory||Sports supplements (topical relief of pain and inflammation), weight loss products, food and flavor industry.||Sports supplements, weight loss, food and flavor.|
|5. Devils claw||Y||Y||Analgesic, pain relief, anti-arthritis||Sports supplements (topical relief of pain and inflammation), tonic supplements targeting arthritis and rheumatism and associated pain relief.||Sports supplements, arthritis and rheumatism, pain relief.|
|6. Hoodia||Y||Y||Appetite suppressant, antidiabetic||Natural weight loss products as a complete treatment or part of a formulation.||Weight loss.|
|7. Pelargonium sidoides||Y||Y||Immunomodulatory.||Specifically used in products that treat colds and flu, especially bronchitis.||Immunomodulatory.|
|8. Sceletium||Y||Y||SSRI||Used as a natural treatment for insomnia and depression.||Anti-depressants.|
|9. Sutherlandia||Y||Y||Anti-viral, anti-oxidant, adaptogenic||Antiretroviral, anti-cancer, colds and flu, treatment of wasting in cancer and AIDS patients.||Cancer, HIV, immunomodulatory.|
|10. Rooibos||Y||Y||Antioxidant||Consumed as a caffeine-free alternative to tea, anti-oxidant in beauty and spa products.||Herbal teas, antioxidant skincare.|
All our herbs and extracts are produced to pharmacopoeia standards:
- Species verification though a horticulturist
- Lab verification using TLC, HPLC and GC
- Careful attention to low drying temperatures using gas drying and freeze-drying
- Monitoring of moisture in dry material
- Clinical and ethnic safety data: Only herbs with established ethnic use safety data and pre-clinical safety data (negative result for single dose and repeated dose toxicity)
Quality Control Features:
- All packaged raw materials are assigned batch numbers and allocated a CoA.
- Lab results are available on request as per specification sheet.
- Finished products are packaged in double plastic bags (raw materials) within polyweave agricultural sack, and PVC tamper-proof PVC buckets with double plastic bags inside
- Extracts and raw materials are stored in a temperature controlled and ventilated warehouse room.
- Raw material QC documentation: MSDS, process flow sheets, specification sheets, allergen and non-GMO statements, COO.
FOB Point: Cape Town Airport/harbor – See logistics information.
Payment terms: Prepaid on first order, thereafter terms negotiable.
We are INCOTERMS 2010 ready and Level 3 export trained.